A Healthy Immune System Can Help Reduce Stress
Do you feel especially stressed right now?
You’re not alone. Between sheltering in place, concerns about the economy, and homeschooling the kids, stress is at an all-time high for most Americans.
Stress can do a number on your immune system, which you need to be in top shape right now to ward off the coronavirus. Thankfully, your Bradenton chiropractor can help boost immune system function.
How a Healthy Immune System Reduces Stress on the Body
Stress and your immune system are closely intertwined. When one is high, the other will be low.
Having a high-level of immunity can help decrease the impact that physical stressors have on your body, stressors such as:
- Pathogens, like bacteria, viruses, fungi
- Environmental pollutants
- Household chemicals (like all-purpose cleaners)
- Trauma (including accidents and surgeries)
- Temperature extremes
When your immune system is strong, it can fend off the effects of these stressors, thereby allowing your immune system to function better overall.
How Reducing Stress Can Boost Immune System Function
Just as better immune health can reduce stress, lowering stress levels can also boost your immune system.
You can do this in two ways.
Reducing Exposure to External Physical Stressors
One of the reasons everyone is practicing social distancing is to reduce their exposure to the coronavirus. Other ways you can reduce your risk of exposure to external stressors include:
- Drinking alcohol in moderation
- Avoiding tobacco products
- Eating a nutrient-dense diet
- Switching to natural all-purpose cleaners
- Wearing a mask when using traditional all-purpose cleaners
Reducing Mental and Emotional Stress
Another way to enhance immune system function is to lower your overall stress levels. You can do this by:
- Getting plenty of deep, restful sleep each night
- Exercising regularly
- Talking to a counselor or coach
- Taking walks in nature
- Investing in an emotional support animal
- Find better ways to deal with stress at home or in the workplace
The Role Your Bradenton Chiropractor Plays
Seeking regular chiropractic care from your dedicated Bradenton chiropractors is a great way to boost and support immune system function.
Chiropractic services – from adjustments to massage therapy – can reduce or eliminate pain, relax the body and mind, and keep the body functioning optimally. All of which can improve immune health and help you fend off illness and disease.
Are you ready to strengthen your immune system? Contact us today at 941-758-1402 to schedule a consultation.